The Hungarian Society for Medical Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine
was founded in 1966. The Society involves all team members in medical rehabilitation, not only physicians and members are active in several fields of medical rehabilitation. Consequently, it has several sections like neuro-rehabilitation, musculoskeletal, medical aids, psychology etc. The Society is member of the Federation of the Hungarian Medical Societies named MOTESZ.
Main activities of the Society:
- A yearly meeting is organized always in another town in Hungary. The meeting involves not only scientific presentations but also teaching courses.
- The “Geréby” meeting provides opportunity for a discussion between the council of the Society and governmental representatives.
- For young rehabilitation team members a special forum is organized each year, named “FiFo”.
- There is an award for young researchers named “László Gergely”.
- The “Vas Imre” award is yearly adjudged to one or two experts for outstanding activity on the field of rehabilitation.
- The scientific journal of the Society, named “Rehabilitáció” is published quarterly. It is in Hungarian, but papers have an English abstract.
- The Society supports other scientific meetings and teaching courses organized by the sections of the society and collaborating institutions as well.
- The Society owns a website and regularly circulate Newsletter